Submission form and video waiver must
be turned in to EHRS and videos posted
on YouTube by Monday, September 2, 2013. See
instructions on posting procedures below.
All videos must:
- Be between 2 and 3 minutes long.
- Incorporate the 2013 Safety Fair theme: Safety dePENNds on You!
- Have no copyright violations (slogans, music or
- Not contain any inappropriate content (language,
images, procedures, etc.). EHRS
reserves the right to disqualify any video submissions deemed
- Contain original, royalty-free music or you must have
written permission to use that piece of music. Use of copyrighted music
without written permission is not permitted. To find royalty-free
music, do an Internet search for "royalty-free music" or
- Include the phrase “EHRS2013VIDEO” as part, but not
all, of your title when you post the video on YouTube. (i.e.
where titleofvideo is replaced
with your unique title).
- Be created by current members of the submitting lab. Prizes
are awarded per video/lab.
- Be posted on YouTube by Monday, September 2, 2013.
A completed submission form
and Photograph Authorization and Release waiver forms, available in PDF format, must be email to email@example.com. Please use
“EHRS2013VIDEO” as the subject
heading. All persons appearing in the
video must complete a Photograph Authorization and Release waiver form. All forms must be
received by Monday, September 2, 2013.
* save PDF forms to your computer to access fillable fields
to Submit and Post Your Video
- Upload your video to YouTube. Instructions are
available at YouTube's Getting Started
- Include the phrase EHRS2013VIDEO in your posting title,
but do not make the phrase your full title.
- Tag your video EHRS2013VIDEO.
- Set your video's privacy to "Public".
- Mark down your video's YouTube URL and enter it on the submission
- Your video will be reviewed by EHRS staff and linked on
the EHRS at Penn Facebook page.
Eligible videos in the 2013 Penn Safety Fair Video Challenge
will be linked on the EHRS at Penn
Facebook page where the Penn community can like their favorite video. Voting will be open from September 9 – 20, 2013. The video
that receives the most LIKEs wins the challenge. The laboratory producing the winning video
will be rewarded with a Pizza Party!
Campus-wide voting will take place from
September 9 - 20, 2013.
- By completing 2013 Penn Safety Fair Video Challenge submission
form, the participating lab and its
members confirm that they have read and agree to abide by the contest rules
stated above, that they the rightful creator(s) of the video and that the video
contains original work that does not violate any applicable copyright laws.
- By completing the Photograph
Authorization and Release waiver form,
individuals in the video give Penn, its employees, agents, successors, assigns,
and those acting with its permission or on its behalf, the right and permission
to use, copyright, publish, republish and distribute any such photograph or
video of themselves for any and all purposes without compensation. All individuals in the video agree that Penn
may use such photographs and video content, in whole or in part, in any manner
and in any media, including in composite, altered or distorted form. All
individuals in the video understand that the uses may include, without
limitation, reproductions on the World Wide Web, in conjunction with any
printed or electronic matter, and in connection with any efforts publicizing,
promoting or otherwise related to Penn.
All individuals in the video understand that their likeness may be used
in lectures, articles, textbooks and other educational materials prepared by or
for Penn. All individuals in the video waive
any right that they may have to inspect or approve the finished products or
materials containing their likeness or the printed matter that may be used in
connection with such photographs.